apex-dev mailing list archives

From Ananth G <ananthg.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Malhar release 3.8.0
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2017 18:57:36 GMT
The following changes pass the build and tests in my local environment:

 - Fixing the JSON schema validator with the apache version
 - Fixing the JSON core with the apache version
 - Marking mysql connector jars to be optional

@Pramod: The plugin allows for custom overriding for use cases you mentioned. Example some
jars do not include the license and hence license is null ( apex jar is also under this category
) . Some other dependencies do not seem to have an aligned license name.Ex: "Apache License
2.0" vs "apache 2”.  I am currently exploring how far can I go to keep adding “excludes”
as we encounter such blocks.

Regards,
Ananth

> On 2 Nov 2017, at 7:44 am, Vlad Rozov <vrozov@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I would agree to consider demos/samples as optional components especially that they are
not published to the Apache maven repository as Apex artifacts, but still would prefer that
all libraries licensed under Category X are marked as optional in those modules.

> For all artifacts that are published to maven including sql and contrib, the dependencies
must be removed, upgraded/replaced or marked (as a last resort) as optional.

> Thank you,
>
> Vlad
>
> On 11/1/17 13:06, Pramod Immaneni wrote:
>> If we go by the strict definition of [1], I guess everything can be
>> considered optional because each component in the library is pretty much
>> independent. But if we look at it another way, the project can
>> consider certain modules as important and main and others as optional. I
>> think the pom.xml profile distinction shows one such intent. Like I said,
>> the intent should be to fix the ones you identified but if it were not
>> possible, I think modules like examples, contrib and other in the
>> all-modules and not in the main profile could be considered optional for
>> the licensing purposes.
>>
>> 1.https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Vlad Rozov <vrozov@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> IMO, it is only usage that may be optional, whether a module is included
>>> into a profile that is not enabled by default does not define it's usage.
>>>
>>> It is also possible to consider entire library as optional, somebody may
>>> use only one operator from the entire library.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Vlad

Is there

Apache maven, it

there is a mention of
manager gpg public key
to that list
is a mention of
settings file.
? Is this expected?

<

@bhupeshsc

Kolhatkar <

Chebolu" <

wrote:

| M: 510-449-2606 | Twitter:

at 9:12 PM, Tushar Gosavi <

at 4:39 AM, Pramod Immaneni <

I, unfortunately, do not have

in the release activities.

at 7:15 PM, Thomas Weise <

was back in March, there are quite a few

should be released.

at the list there is nothing that should

is out it would be a good opportunity

be the release manager?