apex-dev mailing list archives

From Vlad Rozov <vro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Apex Malhar 3.8.0 release candidate RC1
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 04:47:40 GMT
On 11/5/17 12:25, Ananth G wrote:
> Thanks for the note Vlad. I will be able to push the additional .sha512 extension tonight.
>
> - Just to be clear, the release instructions do indicate a SHA-512 checksum as part of
the instruction but it is the filename that is not in agreement ? ( The extension for the
file ends in .sha instead of the recommended .sha-512 )
Yes, please change extension from .sha to .sha512
> - The below link from you suggests that there should be a .sha1 extension as mandatory
for historical reasons. Hence I will be creating this signature as well ( apart from the 512
extension)
I don't think that .sha or .sha1 is necessary.
> - I am assuming that a new release candidate (RC2) is not required as only the checksums
are being regenerated ?
Agree

> I guess I have a few minor updates to the guidelines document which I will create a separate
pull request for which will include the above as well.
Yes, it will be nice to update the release guidelines

> I would be able to push the above changes tonight. ( another 12 hours from now ).
>
> Regards,
> Ananth
>
>> On 6 Nov 2017, at 3:44 am, Vlad Rozov <vrozov@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ananth,
>>
>> There is new requirement [1], [2] for Apache releases to use .sha512 extension that
is not yet reflected by Apex release guidelines. Can you please update extension.

>> Thank you,
>>
>> Vlad
>>
>> [1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution
>> [2] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums
>>
>> On 11/5/17 02:23, Ananth G wrote:
>>> Dear Community,
>>>
>>> Please vote on the following Apache Apex Malhar 3.8.0 release candidate.
>>>
>>> This is a source release with binary artifacts published to Maven.
>>>
>>> This release is based on Apex Core 3.6 and resolves 63 issues.
>>>
>>> List of all issues fixed: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318824&version=12340282
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318824&version=12340282>
>>> User documentation: http://apex.apache.org/docs/malhar-3.8/ <http://apex.apache.org/docs/malhar-3.8/>
>>>
>>> Staging directory: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/apex/apache-apex-malhar-3.8.0-RC1/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/apex/apache-apex-malhar-3.8.0-RC1/>
>>> Source zip:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/apex/apache-apex-malhar-3.8.0-RC1/apache-apex-malhar-3.8.0-source-release.zip
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/apex/apache-apex-malhar-3.8.0-RC1/apache-apex-malhar-3.8.0-source-release.zip>Source
tar.gz:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/apex/apache-apex-malhar-3.8.0-RC1/apache-apex-malhar-3.8.0-source-release.tar.gz
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/apex/apache-apex-malhar-3.8.0-RC1/apache-apex-malhar-3.8.0-source-release.tar.gz>
>>> Maven staging repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheapex-1030/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheapex-1030/>
>>>
>>> Git source:
>>> https://github.com/apache/apex-malhar/tree/v3.8.0-RC1 <https://github.com/apache/apex-malhar/tree/v3.8.0-RC1>
(commit: 552a0b7e50d1441db3e98104491f4abce65d506e)

>>> PGP key:
>>> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=ananthg%40apache.org&op=index <http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=ananthg@apache.org&op=index>
>>> KEYS file:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/apex/KEYS <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/apex/KEYS>
>>>
>>> More information at:
>>> http://apex.apache.org <http://apex.apache.org/>
>>>
>>> Please try the release and vote; vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 approve (and what verification was done)
>>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>>
>>> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html <http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html>
>>>
>>> How to verify release candidate:
>>>
>>> http://apex.apache.org/verification.html <http://apex.apache.org/verification.html>