apex-dev mailing list archives

From Ananth G <ananthg.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Partitioning information and current operators Id in setup()/activate() method.
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2017 13:36:19 GMT
Hello All,

I was wondering if there is a good way to get the following two values in an operator when
the operator is in the activate/setup methods

1. The total number of operator physical instances that are going to be launched
2. The ordinal position of the current operator in the current set of physical operators

I am looking for this information so that I can implement a logic in the operator wherein
each operator takes a part of the responsibility . I can get the above values when the dynamic
partitioning interface is implemented and the call back happens to the assign() method. But
the issue is that the assign() method does not seem to be invoked at the beginning but only
when the dynamic partitioning is being done ( In other words the assign() method is not called
until a certain time has passed since the beginning of the launch of the operator. I would
like the above values when the operator is starting in the activate()/setup() methods.)

Any advice as to how these values can be obtained ?

Regards,
Ananth