apex-dev mailing list archives

From Pramod Immaneni <pra...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2017 15:12:09 GMT
I think one month time period is short since people typically contribute in
their spare time. I have seen PRs being worked on with breaks of more than
a month and I have gone back to PRs with that gap as well. Three months
would be ideal.

How would this be enforced? Would committers do this ad-hoc, whenever they
see some old PRs? Also, this may not be a problem right now and we may go
with more relaxed timelines (like 1 year) as there are other projects that
have hundreds of outstanding PRs. If the PR is open at least someone else
can take it from there, if the original contributor is no longer active on
it.

Thanks