apex-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Weise <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Major version change for Apex Library (Malhar)
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2017 02:05:21 GMT
On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 6:27 PM, Amol Kekre <amol@datatorrent.com> wrote:

> This vote was not done per process. The discussion was still on going. A
> decision that is more of code impact (consensus) is being called a
> procedural decision (majority vote). Moreover end of vote day/time was also
> not called ahead of the vote to determine when the vote ends. These seem to
> be a premise that only a few care about project. All red flags.

Facts for the benefit of others:

- Vote was originally opened for at least 72 hours (which to my knowledge
is standard)
- Vote was actually open for 10 days.
- It was opened after related discussions that go 6+ months back.
- Almost all folks that participated in those discussions also voted
- It was closed after there was no more discussion for 4 days.

Thomas