apex-dev mailing list archives

From Vlad Rozov <vro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] inactive PR
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2017 16:11:39 GMT
Closing PR does not mean that the work submitted for a review is lost.
It is preserved on a contributor fork. All comments and discussion are
also preserved and PR can be re-open if/when a contributor have time to
look into it.

PR can be closed by any committer who was involved into the discussion
with a proper comment.

It is 1 month of inactivity on the PR. Note that PR review is also done
during spare time and recollecting what happened on an inactive PR after
3 month or a year requires extra time/effort from a committer and
everyone who were involved into the review.

Majority of projects that have hundreds outstanding PRs did not yet move
to gitbox and do not have write access to their github repos. For such
projects closing and opening closed PRs requires additional effort if
possible at all.

Thank you,

Vlad