apex-dev mailing list archives

From Vlad Rozov <v.ro...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: old versions in https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/apex/
Date Sat, 06 May 2017 02:39:03 GMT
Should we limit [1 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/apex/>]
to the latest core and the latest malhar according to [2
<http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#when-to-archive>] and
point links for older releases on the download page to [3
<http://archive.apache.org/dist/apex/>] according to [4
<http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#how-to-archive>]?

Unless we plan to delete release-3.2, release-3.3 and other branches,
I'd prefer to keep 3.2.2, 3.3.1 and other unreleased patch versions in
JIRA. As long as those branches exist, it should be possible to see
which JIRAs were fixed there.

Thank you,

Vlad

On 5/5/17 08:47, Thomas Weise wrote:
> See https://github.com/apache/apex-site#updating-downloads-page
>
> added 3.6.1
>
> Any thoughts on when to remove 3.2.2, 3.3.1 and other old patch versions in
> JIRA that won't see a future release?
>

> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 7:18 AM, Vlad Rozov <v.rozov@datatorrent.com> wrote:
>
>> My understanding is that it is not fully automatic and involves manual
>> step in updating and committing the "release.json" file and only after that
>> step the download page will be regenerated. Do I miss anything?
>>
>> Any reason 3.6.1 was not added to JIRA?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Vlad
>>
>> On 5/5/17 07:09, Thomas Weise wrote:
>>
>>> I removed 3.4.0 since due to change in archive file name it does not match
>>> the download page structure. It will automatically go away when the
>>> download page is regenerated.
>>>

>>> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 6:59 AM, Vlad Rozov <v.rozov@datatorrent.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> apex core 3.4.0 is listed on the download page and it is not part of

JIRA

Any

and CHANGELOG.md files

of the file that has a