apex-dev mailing list archives

From Pramod Immaneni <pra...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: old versions in https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/apex/
Date Sun, 07 May 2017 15:59:00 GMT
The policy reads we should only have "*the latest release in each branch
that is currently under development". *That most probably means only the
latest version for core and malhar as we are not doing active development
on multiple branches. However, could it be loosely interpreted to include
older release branches that are still being maintained and fixes made to?
Hadoop, for example still has all 2.6.x and 2.7.x in svn
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/ and I mostly see
maintenance fixes for the latest on those branches. Would that be
considered a violation, if strictly going with the wording of the policy?

If we wanted to keep links to even older releases, that are still in wide
use but not being actively maintained, we could point to archives like you
mentioned. However, I don't think we have this situation.

Thanks

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Vlad Rozov <v.rozov@datatorrent.com> wrote:

> Should we limit [1 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/apex/>] to
> the latest core and the latest malhar according to [2 <
> http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#when-to-archive>] and
> point links for older releases on the download page to [3 <
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/apex/>] according to [4 <
> http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#how-to-archive>]?
>
> Unless we plan to delete release-3.2, release-3.3 and other branches, I'd
> prefer to keep 3.2.2, 3.3.1 and other unreleased patch versions in JIRA. As
> long as those branches exist, it should be possible to see which JIRAs were
> fixed there.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Vlad
>
> 1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/apex/
> 2. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#when-to-archive
> 3. http://archive.apache.org/dist/apex/
> 4. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#how-to-archive
>

> On 5/5/17 08:47, Thomas Weise wrote:
>
>> See https://github.com/apache/apex-site#updating-downloads-page
>>
>> added 3.6.1
>>
>> Any thoughts on when to remove 3.2.2, 3.3.1 and other old patch versions
>> in
>> JIRA that won't see a future release?
>>

>> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 7:18 AM, Vlad Rozov <v.rozov@datatorrent.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> My understanding is that it is not fully automatic and involves manual
>>> step in updating and committing the "release.json" file and only after
>>> that
>>> step the download page will be regenerated. Do I miss anything?
>>>
>>> Any reason 3.6.1 was not added to JIRA?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Vlad
>>>
>>> On 5/5/17 07:09, Thomas Weise wrote:
>>>
>>> I removed 3.4.0 since due to change in archive file name it does not

Any

to updating
both release-3.6.0

repository is