apex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: PR merge policy
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2017 22:51:01 GMT
HI,

> Does anybody know if:
> 1. Any other Apache project has a similar forced-revert policy; and

None that I’m aware of. But if a committer checks in some code the breaks something and
someone vetoes it, it is expected that they revert the checkin and fix it. I’ve seen this
happen a few times, but mostly there a discussion and the issues fixed by additional checkins.
This is usually quite rate.

> 2. Any Apache project has actually force-reverted a commit for any reason
> in recent years, regardless of whether they have a policy about it or not.

Yes I’ve seen it use to fix up merge issue with long lived branches. But again very rare.

Thanks,
Justin