apex-dev mailing list archives

From Amol Kekre <a...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Operator Node Affinity
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 16:34:26 GMT
Ilya,
As Thomas says, attaching a JVM to an operator is do-able, but is against
the norm in a distributed cluster. A distributed OS cannot guarantee a
node. It could be down or not have resources, .... ZK way or any other way
to discover post deployment is the way to go. I think a webservice call
through Stram to get the specifics will work too.

Thks
Amol

E:amol@datatorrent.com | M: 510-449-2606 | Twitter: @*amolhkekre*

www.datatorrent.com  |  apex.apache.org

*Join us at Apex Big Data World-San Jose
<http://www.apexbigdata.com/san-jose.html>, April 4, 2017!*
[image: http://www.apexbigdata.com/san-jose-register.html]