apex-dev mailing list archives

From Chinmay Kolhatkar <chin...@apache.org>
Subject Improvement: Collecting metric
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2017 06:17:20 GMT
Dear Community,

While going through the code, I found that the AutoMetrics are retrieved
from operators using java reflection. This adds a lot of processing
overhead.

Hence to improve the performance of containers and stram, I want to suggest
following appraoch:
1. In Node, try to collect the metric using getter method using Janino if
available, if not fallback to reflection.
2. In operator documentation, suggest to have a getter method/public for
autometrics.
3. In AppDataPushAgent, use Janino to get the AutoMetrics present in
LogicalOperatorInfo

Please share your opinion.

Thanks,
Chinmay.