apex-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Weise <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Operator Node Affinity
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 04:16:40 GMT
If I understand it correctly you want to run a server in an operator,
discover its endpoint and push data to it? The preferred way of doing that
would be to announce the endpoint through a discovery mechanism (such as
ZooKeeper or a shared file) that the upstream entity can use to find the
endpoint.

If you are looking for a way to force deploy on a specific node, then have
a look at the OperatorContext.LOCALITY_HOST attribute (and also
AffinityRulesTest). AFAIK you can use a specific host name and the
scheduler will make best effort to get a container on that host, but there
isn't a guarantee. Generally, services running on the cluster shouldn't
make assumptions about hosts and ports and use discovery instead.

HTH,
Thomas