apex-dev mailing list archives

From Amol Kekre <a...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Tweets from ApacheApex handle
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2017 07:10:03 GMT
Thomas,
The proposal is for credentials to remain in PMC, and in-effect committers
sending a request to tweet. Here some relevant advice on do's and don'ts
from ASF for social media. I have pasted it as is.

   - Feel free to share stories about your project, whether they come from
   the community, tech press, or folks outside of the press and community.
   Avoid sharing negative stories about "competing" projects.
   - Keep posts/reposts relevant to your project community and technology.
   Most people love LOLCats, but it's probably best not to share them from
   your project's social media accounts.
   - Please share event information so long as it's related directly to
   your project. Promoting an event where there are talks about CloudStack
   (for example) is spot-on. Promoting an event only because a vendor that has
   an interest in CloudStack is participating would be outside the scope of
   CloudStack social media accoun

So lets say we find a vendor/customer/someone saying "I used Apex for ...;
here is my use case; .. Apex worked for me"; Or a blog on some nuances of
Apex. These are stories about Apex, why would we not want to tweet/retweet
these? For adoption of Apex, it is good for everyone to know about such
stories. Moreover it is enpowering for committers to know that they can be
eyes-ears of Apex stories.

Thks,
Amol

*Join us at Apex Big Data World-San Jose
<http://www.apexbigdata.com/san-jose.html>, April 4, 2017!*
[image: http://www.apexbigdata.com/san-jose-register.html]