apex-dev mailing list archives

From Amol Kekre <a...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: example applications in malhar
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2017 18:02:22 GMT
+1 on renaming it to examples. Additionally we should ensure that the word
"demo" is not used at all. The word "demos" is very sales oriented and
should not be used. "Examples" are what folks learn from.

Thks
Amol

E:amol@datatorrent.com | M: 510-449-2606 | Twitter: @*amolhkekre*

www.datatorrent.com  |  apex.apache.org

*Join us at Apex Big Data World-San Jose
<http://www.apexbigdata.com/san-jose.html>, April 4, 2017!*
[image: http://www.apexbigdata.com/san-jose-register.html]
<http://www.apexbigdata.com/san-jose-register.html>

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Munagala Ramanath <ram@datatorrent.com>
wrote:

> +1 for renaming to "examples"
>
> Ram
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 9:12 AM, Lakshmi Velineni <lakshmi@datatorrent.com
> >
> wrote:
>
> > I am ready to bring the examples over into the demos folder. I was
> > wondering if anybody has any input on Thomas's suggestion to rename the
> > demos folder to examples. I would rather do that first and then bring the
> > examples over instead of doing it the other way around as that would lead
> > to refactoring the new examples again.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 8:12 AM, Lakshmi Velineni <
> lakshmi@datatorrent.com
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Since the examples have little history I was planning to have two
> > > commits for every example, one for the code as the primary author of
> > > the example and another containing pom.xml and other changes to make
> > > it work under malhar.
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > the

> thomas.weise@gmail.com>