apex-dev mailing list archives

From Amol Kekre <a...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Tweets from ApacheApex handle
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 18:31:55 GMT
Thomas,
The discussion is not about handle being operated outside PMC. It is
perfectly fine to have handle credentials accessible to only PMC members. I
started this discussion to get Apex community opinion on guidelines on what
gets tweeted. The ASF does not have a formal guideline on twitter. So far
there are two proposals

1. Only do release tweets, and do retweet of tweets on individual handle by
requesting PMC on dev@; no special consideration to committers
2. Have a more open policy on original tweets, and in addition retweet of
tweets on individual handle by request PMC on dev@; take up committer's
request as semi-binding.

In #1, the release-tweets are clear, so nothing else go through. In #2 PMC
member can do a trust-but-verify that the tweet is relevant to Apex; which
makes is semi-binding, not binding.

Thks,
Amol