apex-dev mailing list archives

From Chinmay Kolhatkar <chin...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Proposal: CompositeAccumulation for Windowed Operator
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2017 06:33:35 GMT
Dear Community,

Currently we have accumulations for individual types of accumulations.
But if one wants to do more than one accumulations in a single stage of
Windowed Operator it is not possible.

I want to propose an idea about "CompositeAccumulation" where more than one
accumulation can be configured and this accoumulation can relay on multiple
accumulations to generate final result/output.

The output can be either of the 2 forms:
1. Just the list of outputs with AccumulationTags as identifiers.
2. Merge the results of multiple accumulations using some user defined
logic.
     For eg. In aggregation case, Input POJO to this accumulation can be a
POJO containing NumberOfOrders as field and in output one might need to
generate a final(single) POJO which contains result of multiple
accumulations like SUM, COUNT on NumberOfOrders as different fields of
outgoing POJO.

I particularly see the use of this for Multiple Aggregation which we would
like to do in SQL on Apex Integration.

Please share your thoughts on the same.

Thanks,
Chinmay.