apex-dev mailing list archives

From vikram patil <patilvik...@gmail.com>
Subject APEXMALHAR-2261 Python Binding for HighLevel APIs
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2017 07:39:13 GMT
Hi All,

I would like to take up development for python binding implementation for
highlevel APIs (APEXMALHAR-2261 ). I went over High-Level APIs from Apache
Malhar Stream API project. It can be initiated as separated project in the
Apache Malhar project just like sql or stream project.

In first phase I would like to focus on providing python binding for
following APIs:

1) StreamFactory.fromFolder
2) StreamFactory.fromKafka*
3) StreamFactory.fromLocal
4) StreamFactory.fromInput
5) ApexStream.map
6) ApexStream.flatMap
7) ApexStream.filter
9) ApexStream.endWith
11) ApexStream.setGlobalAttribute
12) Custom functions in python .

Rest of the Apex HighLevel APIs such as addStream, addOperator can be
implemented as part of phase II .

For integration of this purpose,I would like to use py4j as python-java
binding due to wide acceptance and very good community support.  Also py4j
also allows call backs to python code from java which can make certain
functionalities easier to implement.

Py4j Version: 0.10.4

Please share your suggestions about this implementation.

Thanks & Regards,
Vikram