apex-dev mailing list archives

From Priyanka Gugale <priya...@datatorrent.com>
Subject StrAM event grouping
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 07:08:41 GMT
Hi,

StrAM raises events whenever Operator or Container restarts. In Apex Dag
whenever a container/operator, say operator "X", is killed/terminated all
downstream operators are redeployed. And during redeploy process they raise
stop/start events. These events are triggered by redeployment of operator
"X" and hence contain little information when looked at it in isolation.

It will be good if we can group such events. So the event raised by
redployment of operator "X" can be treated as parent event and subsequent
restart events can be grouped under it.

This will help in easy debugging by focusing on only important events.

I am planning to do code changes in Apex core to support this feature.
Would like to hear from community for any suggestions.

-Priyanka