apex-dev mailing list archives

From Bhupesh Chawda <bhup...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Shutdown of an Apex app
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 08:14:07 GMT
Yes, Amol. That will be the case for a kill type of shutdown.
But for graceful shutdown, it is important that each operator in the DAG
processes exactly the same amount of data. That is the reason the shutdown
needs to start at input operators and stop their functioning as the first
step. Thereafter the control tuple can propagate down the DAG and shutdown
operators as and when they encounter the control tuple.

~ Bhupesh

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Amol Kekre <amol@datatorrent.com> wrote:

> Can be done by sending "shutdown" message via heartbeat to Stram. Then on
> stram can shutdown the entire app
>
> Thks
> Amol
>

> On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 11:05 PM, Bhupesh Chawda <bhupesh@datatorrent.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Yes Ajay, for a graceful shutdown, the data sent out should be processed.
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 12:19 PM, AJAY GUPTA <ajaygit158@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > +1 to idea.
> > >
> > > Will this ensure downstream operators to process all data received
> before
> > > shutdown is called?
> > > Also, how do we plan to handle cases where 2 sub-DAGs merge to a single
> > > operator somewhere downstream, and an operator in one of the sub-DAGs
> > sends
> > > ShutdownException.
> > >

> > > Ajay
> > >
> > > On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Bhupesh Chawda <
> > bhupesh@datatorrent.com>

> > error

> ungraceful

> > tushar@datatorrent.com>