apex-dev mailing list archives

From AJAY GUPTA <ajaygit...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Stram events log levels
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 17:25:36 GMT
Hi Apex community,

Currently, events logged by stram such as StartContainer, StartOperator,
StopContainer, StopOperator, etc dont have any associated priority level.

We can provide log levels for such Stram events. Log levels can be INFO,
WARN, ERROR
Eg:
1. Start Container, Start Operator are INFO level events
2. OperatorError is ERROR level event
3. Stop Container, Stop Operator are WARN level events

Log level for events can help in user experience when showing the event
list in a GUI. eg: In datatorrent gateway UI, we can provide color-coded
log levels so that user can focus more on ERROR and WARN events.