apex-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Kapoor <hit...@datatorrent.com>
Subject APEXMALHAR-2382 User needs to create dt_meta table while using JdbcPOJOInsertOutputOperator
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:27:18 GMT
Hi All,

Currently to use JdbcPOJOInsertOutputOperator, user needs to create
"dt_meta" table to enforce
exactly-once processing semantic. If the user fails to create this table
before launching the application an exception is thrown.
To handle this scenario we can automate the process of creating this table,
assuming the user has the appropriate privileges. The problem with this
approach is that it may not be a very good idea to modify user's database
automatically , also if the user doesn't has the appropriate privileges it
will eventually throw an exception (however a different exception).
So I need your opinion if we should automate the creation of this internal
table (if it doesn't exists) or continue with the existing behaviour or
anything else.

Regards,
Hitesh