apex-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjay Pujare <san...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Policy for patches
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 18:16:53 GMT
A strong +1 for the second approach for the reasons Pramod mentioned.

Is it also possible to “prune” branches so that we have less of this activity of merging
fixes across branches? If we can ascertain that a certain branch is not used by any user/customer
(by asking in the community) we should be able to remove it. For example, apex-malhar has
release-3.6 which is definitely required but 3 year old branches like release-0.8.5, release-0.9.0,
… telecom most probably are not being used by anybody.