apex-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Apex Malhar 3.6.0 released
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2016 11:44:15 GMT
What is the project about? Why should I be interested in it?
[rhetorical questions]

The Announce emails are sent to people not on the developer or user lists.
Most will have no idea what the project is about.

So the e-mails should contain at least brief details of what the
product does, and some info on why the new release might be of
interest to them.

Readers should not have to click the link to find out the basic information
(although of course it is useful to have such links for further detail).

In this case the information on what Malhar does is present, but it is
buried deep within the e-mail.

For future releases, please could the email be adjusted to make it
easy to find out what the project does?

For example put the following two sentences near the beginning:

Apache Apex is an enterprise grade native ...
The Apex engine is supplemented by Malhar, the library ...

Also, Cassandra should be "Apache Cassandra", at least for first mention.
And YARN should be "Apache Hadoop YARN", please.

Thanks.