apex-dev mailing list archives

From David Yan <da...@datatorrent.com>
Subject [VOTE] Hadoop upgrade
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 20:47:48 GMT
Hi all,

Thomas created this ticket for upgrading our Hadoop dependency version a
couple weeks ago:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXCORE-536

We'd like to get the ball rolling and would like to take a vote from the
community which version we would like to upgrade to. We have these choices:

2.2.0 (no upgrade)
2.4.x
2.5.x
2.6.x

We are not considering 2.7.x because we already know that many Apex users
are using Hadoop distros that are based on 2.6.

Please note that Apex works with all versions of Hadoop higher or equal to
the Hadoop version Apex depends on, as long as it's 2.x.x. We are not
considering Hadoop 3.0.0-alpha yet at this time.

When voting, please keep these in mind:

- The features that are added in 2.4.x, 2.5.x, and 2.6.x respectively, and
how useful those features are for Apache Apex
- The Hadoop versions the major distros (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, EMR,
etc) are supporting
- The Hadoop versions what typical Apex users are using

Thanks,

David