apex-dev mailing list archives

From Chinmay Kolhatkar <chin...@apache.org>
Subject EmbeddedKafka Server for testing kafka related code
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2016 14:25:58 GMT
Dear Community,

While testing kafka related endpoint code for Apex-Calcite integration, I
found an interesting embedded kafka implementation over the internet and I
used it in my code.

The implementation is based on ready to use EmbeddedZookeer and KafkaServer
from mvn dependency kafka_2.11:0.9.0.0:test.

I found this local kafka server very stable for testing purpose. Would it
be a good addition to malhar-kafka module in test folder?

The EmbeddedKafka server is here:
https://github.com/chinmaykolhatkar/apex-malhar/blob/calcite/sql/src/test/java/org/apache/apex/malhar/sql/EmbeddedKafka.java

In above class, I've also added method for publishing and consume from
topic.

Please share your opinion.

Thanks,
Chinmay.