apex-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Application tags
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 01:04:32 GMT
A key-value approach might be better. From a longer term perspective, key-value pairs may be
simpler to support search functionality. For example, when faced with only a tag approach,
users tend to use "<prefix>:<unique id>" like values ( namespacing is one reason
for this ) which can then result in substring like searches which are harder/costly to support.
That said, supporting a key-value approach where value can be null would solve the tag use-case
too.

— Hitesh