apex-dev mailing list archives

From Chinmay Kolhatkar <chin...@apache.org>
Subject Watermark generation in Windowed Operators
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2016 06:21:15 GMT
Hi All,

I was looking at Windowed Operator APIs and have to mention they're pretty
nicely done.

I have a question related to watermark generation.

What I understood is that for completion of processing of an event window
one has provision for sending of watermark tuple from some previous stage
in the DAG. I want to know who should be doing that and when should be it
done.

For e.g. I saw a PR of Windows Join Operator in apex-malhar and I would
like to use it in my application. Can someone give me an example of how a
DAG will look like with this operator which has a stage which generates
watermark? And how should that stage decide on when to generate a watermark
tuple?

-Chinmay.