apex-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjay Pujare <san...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: empty operator/stream/module names
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 17:03:19 GMT
I differ. For the UI to render a DAG the names are useful, but if the name is not required
by the engine i.e. the engine is able to execute your application fine with empty or null
strings as names, is there any reason to make them mandatory?

On the other hand, we can come up with a scheme for system generated names when the caller
doesn’t provide a name. I have some ideas.