apex-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjay Pujare <san...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Malhar contribution guidelines
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 21:37:01 GMT
Hi Pramod

Very useful document. Some questions/comments from me (sorry for any newbie
comments):

- for the "Update an Existing Operator" section, are there any backward
compatibility constraints one should be aware of?
- it will be very useful to have each guideline illustrated by an actual
example (e.g. an example of combining 2 or more operators in a module,
initialization and teardown cases in
constructor/setup/beginWindow/endWindow/deactivate/teardown etc)
- should the guidelines say something about unit tests and how unit tests
should typically be written for operators (also include other kinds of
automated tests in-case "unit" testing is difficult)
- didn't find any references to WindowedOperator anywhere (but did find
WindowedStream). Will be good to have hyperlinks for all references
- java 1.8/1.7 compatibility requirement?
- with respect to "...only the data for the first input port..." , how is
"first" input port determined?