apex-dev mailing list archives

From "Ganelin, Ilya" <Ilya.Gane...@capitalone.com>
Subject Running application built against custom Malhar version
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:28:03 GMT
I’m attempting to build a new application leveraging a custom Malhar library. I’ve compiled
the updated Malhar library, confirmed that the classes I’ve added are present, and added
this specific library as a system dependency in my pom of the newly created application:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.apex</groupId>
  <artifactId>malhar-library</artifactId>
  <version>3.5.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <scope>system</scope>
  <systemPath>code/apex-malhar/library/target/malhar-library-3.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar</systemPath>
</dependency>

However, when I then build this new application and upload the generated APA to the cluster
and attempt to run it with the DataTorrent UI, I get a NoClassDefFoundError. I would appreciate
some help understanding what I’m doing incorrectly – I believe the dependency on the newly
added class should be provided since the APA is an UberJar. Am I missing something obvious
here?

An error occurred trying to launch the application. Server message: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/datatorrent/lib/stream/MultipleStreamMerger at com.example.merger.Application.populateDAG(Application.java:41)
at com.datatorrent.stram.plan.logical.LogicalPlanConfiguration.prepareDAG(LogicalPlanConfiguration.java:1171)
at com.datatorrent.stram.client.StramAppLauncher$1.createApp(StramAppLauncher.java:404) at
com.datatorrent.stram.client.StramAppLauncher.launchApp(StramAppLauncher.java:479) at com.datatorrent.stram.cli.DTCli$LaunchCommand.execute(DTCli.java:2048)
at com.datatorrent.stram.cli.DTCli.launchAppPackage(DTCli.java:3452) at com.datatorrent.stram.cli.DTCli.access$7000(DTCli.java:104)
at com.datatorrent.stram.cli.DTCli$LaunchCommand.execute(DTCli.java:1893) at com.datatorrent.stram.cli.DTCli$3.run(DTCli.java:1447)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.datatorrent.lib.stream.MultipleStreamMerger
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425) at java.net.FactoryURLClassLoader.loadClass(URLClassLoader.java:789)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358) ... 9 more Fatal error encountered

material from your computer.