apex-dev mailing list archives

From Priyanka Gugale <priya...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Time controlled ingestion operator
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 21:32:11 GMT
Hi Sunil,

I don't think we have exactly pause and resume feature in Malhar yet. But I
can think of some other way to achieve this.
We are adding bandwidth control feature to Malhar. The pull request
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-malhar/pull/279> is already
opened for the same. This doesn't have option to configure timed bandwidth
consumption (i.e. use x bandwidth during given time hours), but I think
it's easy to do that in BandwidthManager. Or quick thing is you can try to
update the property "bandwidth" during the time when u don't want operator
to work using some external script (this is short term solution).

Can you tell the reason why you want to pause the read during certain time
hours?

-Priyanka