apex-dev mailing list archives

From Bhupesh Chawda <bhup...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: APEXMALHAR-2084 - Getters and setters for Kafka are not consistent for topics and clusters
Date Wed, 11 May 2016 07:41:00 GMT
Hi Thomas,

In my application, I am trying to configure this operator using a user
interface. The getters and setters for *topics* (for example) are as
follows:

String[] topics;

public String getTopics()
public void setTopics(String topics)

This is not considered consistent behaviour by the UI tool and hence it
either deems the operator invalid or does not allow setting this property
for the operator. Such could be the case with other UI tools as well.

Additionally it makes sense to have getters and setters for a property,
accept the same data-type as the property and not make them arbitrarily
complex.

Thanks
~Bhupesh