apex-dev mailing list archives

From Bhupesh Chawda <bhup...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: A proposal for Malhar
Date Fri, 27 May 2016 16:49:35 GMT
+1 for the idea of having a separate sub space (or contrib in this case)
for new contributors to participate. Perhaps the contributor should not be
given the impression that the task is done unless the operator becomes part
of some mainstream project like lib.

Thinking from the perspective of a potential contributor, I think there is
less motivation in jus developing an operator for its sake. If I were to
develop some operator, I would first have a usecase in mind. An app, which
I think would need the operator in question.
Should these operator contributions be accompanied by an example app,
demonstrating how to use the operator and perhaps also providing some
context of the real use case?

~ Bhupesh