apex-dev mailing list archives

From "Pradeep A. Dalvi" <p...@apache.org>
Subject Data Filter Operator in Malhar
Date Sat, 07 May 2016 21:34:37 GMT
Dear Folks,

We are working on Filter Operator which will allow apex users to filter
(select/drop) tuples based on the certain condition from incoming stream.

Use case:

-------------

In many cases, not all tuples are of interest for the downstream operators.
In such cases, one may want select/filter out tuples to downstream. Also
one may want to process tuples which did not meet the condition/expression.

Functionality:

-----------------

1. Filter operator shall receive POJO as input tuple and emit POJO on
either of output ports i.e. true and false. As the output ports' name
signify, when condition is met then the POJO shall be emitted on true port
and if condition is not met then that POJO shall be emitted on false port.

2. Operator needs condition/expression as a input param. This condition is
based on expression language support we already have in Malhar.

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

--
Pradeep A. Dalvi