apex-dev mailing list archives

From Siyuan Hua <siy...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Java stream api
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 06:30:01 GMT
Hi community,

I have submitted my first commit of stream api into my public repository
here
https://github.com/siyuanh/incubator-apex-malhar/tree/stream

You can think this is the prototype of the Java Stream API proposal  here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/163LmQjX860b61NDe3ZzR0hRTPtE-4GF0iHaVhmHQssY/edit#heading=h.aytn6rz7u1e4

A simple walkthrough of the code:

ApexStream is the core interface to build a dag in stream style. Default
implementation is in ApexStreamImpl

Function is a super interface for all simple transformation, it has several
sub interfaces like MapFunction, ReduceFunction etc.

FunctionOperator is a wrapper for functions that pass param from input port
to function and deliver the return value to output port.

And you can find the word count demo code below

https://github.com/siyuanh/incubator-apex-malhar/blob/stream/demos/wordcount/src/main/java/com/datatorrent/demos/wordcount/ApplicationWithStreamAPI.java

As we want to release this API asap. We want the whole community to help
define a clear scope of what we want to achieve in the first cut. Any
suggestions, ideas are very welcome.

Please please do contribute to this :)

Thanks!
Siyuan