apex-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Weise <tho...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Podling Report Reminder - April 2016
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2016 05:45:22 GMT
Below is the draft for what should be our final *incubator* report.

Will wait for feedback till EOD Monday and then transfer to Wiki.

Thanks

--------------
Apex

  Apex is an enterprise grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform that
  unifies stream processing and batch processing.

  Apex has been incubating since 2015-08-17.

  None. Incubator graduation VOTE passed: https://s.apache.org/qhTf

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

  Resolution to establish Apache Apex as TLP submitted to board.

  The community is very engaged with the development of the project.
  We see continious uptick in mailing list participaton (2180 messages on
dev@ for March, 122+ subscribers).

  The community discussed graduation, addressed outstanding issues and
completed VOTE.

  The community has been active building additional meetup groups:
http://s.apache.org/jKT
  Many presentations and uptick in engagement.

  Release 3.3.1-icubating of Malhar on 2016-03-02

  Various metrics for March are as follows:
  |   Metric                         | Core  | Malhar |
  | Non Merge Commits                |  52   |   22   |
  | Contributors                     |  10   |   11   |
  | Jira New Issues                  |  40   |   31   |
  | Resolved Issues                  |  43   |   20   |
  | Pull Requests merged             |  33   |   12   |
  | Pull Requests proposed           |   2   |   11   |

  We are anticipating patch release 3.2.1 in April.

Date of last release:

  2016-03-02 Apex (Malhar) 3.3.1-incubating

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  2 PPMC members and 1 committer were added since December.
  PPMC and committer list was updated on the status page.