apex-dev mailing list archives

From Amol Kekre <a...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Adding modules in Malhar
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 17:01:43 GMT
IMHO the choice is between packages being "functional" or "java construct"
based? Do users look for functionality or java constructs? My view is that
users will overwhelmingly look for functionality. The search will be "How
do I do ...". If so the organization should be functional. The case where a
module has both input and output operators may in most cases automatically
land up in different functional bucket (aka package). That translates to 1a.

With regards to contrib, similar flow should work, but it may have issues
due to cross dependencies, license and may need hybrid model.

Thks
Amol