apex-dev mailing list archives

From Priyanka Gugale <priya...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: GSOC: AVSR in Apache Apex
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 08:10:35 GMT
Hi Harsh,

Your idea looks really good for GSoC project. I just have following
suggestions:
1. In design section, can you categorize designs for, say library for
face/voice recognization, processing platform (Apex), Database etc and then
one section summarizing how you are planning to put them together e.g. you
will use generic operators from Malhar library and put your custom
operators to run face/voice recolonization operators etc.
2. Just cross verify if you can complete this in 3 months timeline, as you
will be the only person working on project. (Not sure if groups are allowed)

Also just want to highlight, though as community we would help you in
completing your project we can't participate as mentor as we were not
shortlisted as mentors by GSoC. So write your proposal in a way which would
be understood and interesting for some new mentor as well.

-Priyanka