apex-dev mailing list archives

From Pramod Immaneni <pra...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apex Graduation
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2016 17:42:48 GMT
I would like to add my voice to the calls to graduate and add a +1. All the
necessary items brought up earlier for graduation have been completed. A
security vulnerability reporting and handling process has also been setup
for anyone to report those types of issues. The Apex community has been
following the Apache way whether it is discussions on mailing lists,
openness in development or commitment to meritocracy.

The community has also adopted various good and open practices such as a
pull request process with reviews for code submissions to maintain quality
and stability, filing and referring to JIRA issues in pull requests to find
the code changes corresponding to an issue easily and keeping the website
up-to-date with general information about the project, documentation,
processes and releases.

Even though the project itself is composed of two sub-projects, multiple
and regular releases have been made for both since incubation. The
community has also been growing beyond the initial set of committers and
PPMC members with new folks using apex, asking questions on mailing lists,
contributing code or supporting activities such as meetups, becoming
committers and even becoming PPMC members.

Thanks