apex-dev mailing list archives

From "Ganelin, Ilya" <Ilya.Gane...@capitalone.com>
Subject Re: Stack overflow errors when launching job
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2016 23:09:38 GMT
Now with files:
https://gist.github.com/ilganeli/7f770374113b40ffa18a

From: "Ganelin, Ilya" <Ilya.Ganelin@capitalone.com<mailto:Ilya.Ganelin@capitalone.com>>
Date: Friday, March 11, 2016 at 3:02 PM
To: "dev@apex.incubator.apache.org<mailto:dev@apex.incubator.apache.org>" <dev@apex.incubator.apache.org<mailto:dev@apex.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Stack overflow errors when launching job

Hi guys – I’m running into a very frustrating issue where certain DAG configurations cause
the following error log (attached). When this happens, my application even fails to launch.
This does not seem to be a YARN issue since this occurs even with a relatively small number
of partitions/memory.

I’ve attached the input and output operators in question.
I can get this to occur predictable by

  1.  Increasing the partition count on my input operator (reads from HDFS) - values above
20 cause this error
  2.  Increase the partition count on my output operator (writes to HDFS) - values above 20
cause this error
  3.  Set stream locality from the default to either thread local, node local, or container_local
on the output operator

This behavior is very frustrating as it’s preventing me from partitioning my HDFS I/O appropriately,
thus allowing me to scale to higher throughputs.

Do you have any thoughts on what’s going wrong? I would love your feedback.

material from your computer.

material from your computer.