apex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Apex Core Release 3.3.0-incubating (RC1)
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 02:00:13 GMT
Hi,

This is a bit of an edge case (as there's no compiled code inside the jar) but would be best
to not include it in a source release. It should be simple to create the jar when building
the source or it could be included in a binary convenience release.

> Can we keep the file in github and remove it from the source distribution?

Please don't store the jar in Apache's version control, that’s not open source.

> We may create jar out of the .xml file, but this will require running the build prior
to creating an IDE project and importing codestyle definition.

Another option is that the jar could be hosted elsewhere and you could include a script to
download it. This sounds like an optional dependancy (i.e. in that’s it not required to
run Apex) so it’s not required to be in the source release.

> Do we need to have license embedded into the .xml file that is currently inside the jar?

Jars usually have LICENSE and NOTICE files in the META_INF directory.

Thanks,
Justin