apex-dev mailing list archives

From Priyanka Gugale <priya...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Mentoring Apache Apex projects in Google Summer of Code
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2016 13:34:59 GMT
Hi Justin,

This is quiet interesting that we as Apache community can mentor and each
project doesn't have to be registered individually. Also using jira to
track everything is more open and interactive. However before receiving
your mail we had already registered. So may be can't do it as apache
community this time.
We can still following similar procedure as apache is already doing so that
we can be consistent. Thanks for sharing this.

-Priyanka

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Pradeep A. Dalvi <prad@apache.org> wrote:

> I've following idea in my mind for sometime in Networking & Network
> Security Domain, which I shall be able to mentor.
>
> *Working with Network Capture files in Real Time Streaming*
>
> Network packet data is captured and stored in Network Capture Files. Some
> of most common and widely used Network Capture file formats are PCAP &
> PCAPng. Network packeted data can be used for various purposes from
> Analytics, Deep Packet Inspection to Network Security.
> Here we want to Read from PCAP & PCAPng files and Write Packets into PCAP &
> PCAPng format. These Network Capture files are stored in binary format e.g.
> PCAP file format:
> [ PCAP File Header ] [ Packet Header ] [ Packet ] [ Packet Header ] [
> Packet ] … [ Packet Header ] [ Packet ]
> Each Packet Header contains Actual Packet Length as well as Captured Packet
> Length (=< Actual Packet Length). Captured Packet Length is used to
> determine the offset of the next Packet.
>
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 6:51 PM, HARSH PATHAK <harshnpathak@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Ok ,Thank You.
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Priyanka Gugale <
> priyanka@datatorrent.com
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Hash,
> > >
> > > You still have to work on details. We would help you doing that. I
> would
> > > recommend you first start thinking of some specific usecase so that it
> > > would be clear.
> > > For students proposals there still still some time. So you don't have
> > > hurry so much for this.
> > >
> > > -Priyanka

> > Apex
> > by