apex-dev mailing list archives

From Priyanka Gugale <priya...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Mentoring Apache Apex projects in Google Summer of Code
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 11:52:36 GMT
We have to submit ideas by tomorrow, tomorrow is last day. Here is one
example which I have written,

*Apache Apex: Using rules engine for real time analytics on Hadoop*
*Abstract*
Apex is a YARN-native platform that unifies stream and batch processing. It
processes big data in-motion in a way that is highly scalable, highly
performant, fault tolerant, stateful, secure, distributed, and easily
operable. Most of real time analytics requires data evaluation against set
of rules. There are plenty of rules engine frameworks in market which helps
to implement rules evaluation logic. Drools is one of the Business Rules
Management System (BRMS) solution. Idea is to integrate drools engine with
Apache Apex to do real time rules evaluation against incoming events to
achieve real time analysis.
If you are a student, I would also encourage you to participate in this
program as a student and work on one of the projects, I would recommend a
Apex project of course :)

-Priyanka