apex-dev mailing list archives

From Chinmay Kolhatkar <chin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven conflicting library versions
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2016 05:19:37 GMT
This is certainly a good idea.
But here is my 2 cents about dealing with this in general:

By including dependency convergence plugin we're trying to provide a
workaround/fix for an "effect" and not the "cause". Effect is conflicting
library versions but cause might be including incorrect library as mvn
dependency.

I believe that along with adding dependency convergence plugin (fix for
"effect"), we also need to be very careful while including additional
dependencies in maven for both core+malhar (prevention of "cause").

Thanks,
Chinmay.