apex-dev mailing list archives

From "Pradeep A. Dalvi" <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Apex as component in Apache bigtop
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:24:18 GMT
Yes. In case of RPM, the only restriction on version is that it can not
contain '-'.
However, as a workaround, one can use 'incubating' as a part of %{release}.

Version: 3.3.0
Release: incubating

apex-3.3.0-incubating.noarch.rpm

It is the same practice followed for pre-release packages e.g. with rcX,
alphaX, betaX being used in %{release}.

Regards,
Pradeep A. Dalvi