apex-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Weise <tho...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: master branch in place of devel-3
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 07:27:57 GMT
I created the release-3.3 branch in core and set master to be the branch
for development with 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT version. All current and stale PRs are
closed with this push. There were only 3 PRs actively being worked on and
new PRs need to be opened against master:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-core/pull/208
https://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-core/pull/207
https://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-core/pull/194

Anyone wants to keep devel-3 around?

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Vlad Rozov <v.rozov@datatorrent.com>
wrote:

> I guess plan to change to master as part of branching for 3.3.x applies to
> core. Do we plan to make the same change to malhar at the same time or
> while branching for 3.4? How do we handle existing open pull requests? Will
> it be committer responsibility to merge them to the master branch instead
> of devel-3? Do we plan to keep devel-3 around for some time or will delete
> it once it is merged into the master?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Vlad
>

> On 1/25/16 11:43, Thomas Weise wrote:
>
>> Looks like there is strong backing to move development to master as the
>> default branch.
>>
>> I would suggest to make this change along with branching for 3.3.x.
>>
>> Thomas
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 9:15 PM, Bhupesh Chawda <bhupeshchawda@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> +1 for master branch for development
>>>
>>> -Bhupesh
>>>
>>> On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 9:24 PM, Sasha Parfenov <sasha@datatorrent.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 for primary development on master branch.

devel-3

against

request

for both

> [...]
> [...]