apex-dev mailing list archives

From Sandeep Deshmukh <sand...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: master branch in place of devel-3
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 08:23:24 GMT
+1 for master branch as default master branch. That makes it consistent
with what most of the other projects are following and will have a smooth
experience for new users and contributors than getting into another branch
like devel-3.

Regards,
Sandeep

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 12:14 PM, Tushar Gosavi <tushar@datatorrent.com>
wrote:

> +1 for using default branch for active development. devel-3 if it can be
> made default or master.
> We already saw developer opening pull request against master (
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-malhar/pull/146)
> and we had to specifically tell them open pull request against devel-3.
> Using default branch will reduce such confusion.
>
> -Tushar.
>

> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Chinmay Kolhatkar <
> chinmay@datatorrent.com
> > wrote:
>
> > +1 for switching trunk development to master for both APEXCORE and
> > APEXMALHAR.
> >
> > I understand that current master has stable/tested version of apex. And
> we
> > would lose that if trunk development happens on master.
> > Hence, to point to last stable/tested version for apex, would it make
> sense
> > to add a section about that in README.md?
> >
> > I'm not sure if other Apache projects follow this way. So, this is just a
> > proposal.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chinmay.
> >

> > On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 7:10 AM, Vlad Rozov <v.rozov@datatorrent.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I'll vote for all the trunk development being done on the default
> branch.
> > > If there is a way to mark devel-3 as default, it will be as good as
> > > switching all trunk development to the master branch that is currently
> > > default.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > Vlad

> > the