apex-dev mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apex Graduation
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 01:54:43 GMT
Just to inform the Apex dev@community, discussing graduation is going to trigger scrutiny from
mentors. Very much like a release VOTE on general@ triggers scrutiny from the IPMC.

We (mentors) are not trying to block or delay graduation, we’re trying to ensure the community
has the collective, and sustainable, communal knowledge to function well as an ASF TLP, and
uphold the Apache Way.

IMO, the Apex community is doing very well. There may be a few areas for development/improvement
identified, but overall Apex is on the right track.

Although having a podling graduate reduces the IPMC’s workload, there shouldn’t be any
rush to graduate.

So if it feels like you’re being hazed, that’s not the case. It’s our way of making
sure you know how to be successful as an ASF project.

-Taylor