apex-dev mailing list archives

From Vlad Rozov <v.ro...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: master branch in place of devel-3
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 19:22:06 GMT
I guess plan to change to master as part of branching for 3.3.x applies
to core. Do we plan to make the same change to malhar at the same time
or while branching for 3.4? How do we handle existing open pull
requests? Will it be committer responsibility to merge them to the
master branch instead of devel-3? Do we plan to keep devel-3 around for
some time or will delete it once it is merged into the master?

Thank you,

Vlad

On 1/25/16 11:43, Thomas Weise wrote:
> Looks like there is strong backing to move development to master as the
> default branch.
>
> I would suggest to make this change along with branching for 3.3.x.
>
> Thomas
>
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 9:15 PM, Bhupesh Chawda <bhupeshchawda@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> +1 for master branch for development
>>
>> -Bhupesh
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 9:24 PM, Sasha Parfenov <sasha@datatorrent.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 for primary development on master branch.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sasha

>> chandni@datatorrent.com

>>> yogidevendra@apache.org

> [...]
> [...]