apex-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Period class in Joda Time library as a replacement of TimeBucket in appdata/schemas
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 15:56:44 GMT
Just a question for discussion ...

Is Java7 support really necessary?  Why not just go with JDK8 so you don't
need Joda time at all. The java.time classes are very similar and where
they differ, they seem superior (which makes sense given they used the
experience of Joda time heavily).

Java7 is now not receiving public updates since April, 2015 (java 7u79). Do
we really want to encourage users to use software that isn't even getting
security updates outside of special support contracts?